France v England Betting
Euro 2012 - Group D
Monday June 11th - 5.00pm BST - ITV1
Donbass Arena, Donetsk UKR
England will get their Euro 2012 campaign underway on the 11th June versus France, with the pair both fancied to progress to the quarter finals from Group D. It may or may not be a good thing for England to get arguably their toughest fixture out of the way first and they will face a team in France who qualified without losing a game since manager Laurent Blanc's first qualifer against Belarus.
Money-Back Special - If England beat France Paddy Power will refund all losing first goalscorer, last goalscorer, correct score and scorecast singles on this match.
Despite just the one defeat, France made heavy weather of their qualification, drawing games with Bosnia Herzegovina and Belarus along the way. The team should have a better feel to it than the ill-fated 2010 World Cup squad who finished bottom of their group without winning a game amidst much discontent amongst the squad. The current squad has a younger feel to it and they proved how dangerous they can be when dominating England when winning 2-1 in a friendly at Wembley in November 2010.
England will be without Wayne Rooney for this Group D opener in what could well be their toughest match. The bookmakers early odds suggest it will be a tight match, with England just shading favourtism.
France v England Odds
Latest Team News/Key Players
|France Form Guide - DWDWDW||England Form Guide - WWDWWL|
|Franck Ribery||Joe Hart|
|Samir Nasri||Steven Gerard|
|Karim Benzema||Ashley Young|
You have to go all the way back to June 1997 for England's last win over France, a run of five matches, losing 2-1 in the most recent competive match at Euro 2004 in Portugal. England had led in that game following a first half Frank Lampard strike until Zinedine Zidane scored twice in injury time to wreck England's chances of topping their group. Click on the links below to see how both teams have got on in qualfying for Euro 2012.
Euro 2016 Winners Poll
Latest Football News
- Bankers Bet Back Brazil Argentina and Germany Women to bring home the spoils
- Argentina v Colombia Odds Back against both teams scoring
- Brazil v Paraguay Odds Selecao to struggle for goals without Neymar
- Switching Nations 11 past and present Premier League players who have crossed the divide
- Expect More Of The Same From Englands Lacklustre Lions at Euro 2016
- Both teams to score treble features a trio of fixtures from the Norwegian Eliteserien
- City tipped to win the New York derby in weekends MLS Treble