France v England Betting
Euro 2012 - Group D
Monday June 11th - 5.00pm BST - ITV1
Donbass Arena, Donetsk UKR
England will get their Euro 2012 campaign underway on the 11th June versus France, with the pair both fancied to progress to the quarter finals from Group D. It may or may not be a good thing for England to get arguably their toughest fixture out of the way first and they will face a team in France who qualified without losing a game since manager Laurent Blanc's first qualifer against Belarus.
Money-Back Special - If England beat France Paddy Power will refund all losing first goalscorer, last goalscorer, correct score and scorecast singles on this match.
Despite just the one defeat, France made heavy weather of their qualification, drawing games with Bosnia Herzegovina and Belarus along the way. The team should have a better feel to it than the ill-fated 2010 World Cup squad who finished bottom of their group without winning a game amidst much discontent amongst the squad. The current squad has a younger feel to it and they proved how dangerous they can be when dominating England when winning 2-1 in a friendly at Wembley in November 2010.
England will be without Wayne Rooney for this Group D opener in what could well be their toughest match. The bookmakers early odds suggest it will be a tight match, with England just shading favourtism.
France v England Odds
Latest Team News/Key Players
|France Form Guide - DWDWDW||England Form Guide - WWDWWL|
|Franck Ribery||Joe Hart|
|Samir Nasri||Steven Gerard|
|Karim Benzema||Ashley Young|
You have to go all the way back to June 1997 for England's last win over France, a run of five matches, losing 2-1 in the most recent competive match at Euro 2004 in Portugal. England had led in that game following a first half Frank Lampard strike until Zinedine Zidane scored twice in injury time to wreck England's chances of topping their group. Click on the links below to see how both teams have got on in qualfying for Euro 2012.
Euro 2016 Winners Poll
Latest Football News
- Southampton v West Ham Odds Back inform Saints to sneak a win at St Marys
- The focus is on the battle for survival in Saturdays Super 6
- Chelsea tipped to maintain their hoodoo over Man Utd at Stamford Bridge
- A quick start and goals are the order of the day for Bournemouth v Arsenal
- Citizens to go top with a crucial win over Leicester at The Etihad
- Back Tottenham Barnsley and Northampton in the English Football Treble
- Brighton v Brentford Odds The Bees can avoid defeat on the South Coast
- Back Malaga To Carry On Thier Good Run In This Weeks La Liga Treble
- Monaco can cement second place in Ligue 1 with win over Nice
- Serie A Treble This Week Features Wins For Inter and Milan
- Bundesliga best bets treble kicks off with goals galore on Friday night
- Games at Mansfield Chesterfield and Cambridge Utd are best bets for a BTTS treble