Germany v Portugal Betting
Euro 2012 - Group C
Saturday June 9th - 7.45pm BST - BBC1
Arena Lviv, Lviv UKR
Germany and Portugal get their respective Euro 2012 campaigns underway with a match against one another at the Arena Lviv on Saturday 9th June. The two teams form part of the 'Group of Death', along with Denmark and Netherlands in Group B, and neither side can afford to lose this opening fixture. Portugal could only finish second to Denmark in qualifying for the European Championships and they face an uphill task against Germany, who are one of the leading fancies in the betting to win Euro 2012.
The Germans cruised through qualification for Euro 2012 as they won all ten of their matches and never looked in danger of missing this summer's championships. They scored 34 and conceded only seven, with bookmakers fancying their chances of going all the way this summer.
Money-Back Special - If Portugal beat the Germans, bookmaker Paddy Power will refund all losing first goalscorer, last goalscorer, correct score and scorecast singles on this match.
Portugal didn't make qualifying quite so straightforward as they surprisingly finished second to Denmark in Group H, losing to Denmark and Norway in the process. They bounced back to pip Norway to the runners up spot on goal difference and disposed of Bosnia Herzegovina in fine fashion in a two-legged play-off match.
Germany v Portugal Odds
Latest Team News/Key Players
|Germany Form Guide - DWWDWL||Portugal Form Guide - WWLDWD|
|Bastian Schweinsteiger||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|Mezut Ozil||Fabio Coentrao|
|Mario Gomes||Joao Moutinho|
There have been ten meetings between Germany and Portugal in the past, with the Portuguese winning just one of those meetings. Germany have won the last two meetings in fine style as they won 3-1 at the 2006 World Cup and then clinched a thriller 3-2 at Euro 2008, with German midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger scoring three goals in those two matches.
Euro 2016 Winners Poll
Latest Football News
- Kane is able to fire Spurs to victory over Chelsea at White Hart Lane
- United can blunt Leicesters Vardy at the King Power Stadium
- League One leaders Coventry headline the English Football Treble
- Weekend Serie A Treble Bet Shows Wins For Napoli and Roma
- Charlton v Ipswich Odds The score draw looks a decent bet at The Valley
- Mainz and Monchengladbach are best bets in Saturdays Bundesliga treble
- Back wins for the Madrid giants in the La Liga treble
- Hull v Derby Odds Tigers tipped for a narrow win at the KC
- Nice to down Toulouse and star in our Ligue 1 best bets
- Saturdays both teams to score treble tips goals galore at Cambridge Carlisle and Shrewsbury