Germany v Portugal Betting
Euro 2012 - Group C
Saturday June 9th - 7.45pm BST - BBC1
Arena Lviv, Lviv UKR
Germany and Portugal get their respective Euro 2012 campaigns underway with a match against one another at the Arena Lviv on Saturday 9th June. The two teams form part of the 'Group of Death', along with Denmark and Netherlands in Group B, and neither side can afford to lose this opening fixture. Portugal could only finish second to Denmark in qualifying for the European Championships and they face an uphill task against Germany, who are one of the leading fancies in the betting to win Euro 2012.
The Germans cruised through qualification for Euro 2012 as they won all ten of their matches and never looked in danger of missing this summer's championships. They scored 34 and conceded only seven, with bookmakers fancying their chances of going all the way this summer.
Money-Back Special - If Portugal beat the Germans, bookmaker Paddy Power will refund all losing first goalscorer, last goalscorer, correct score and scorecast singles on this match.
Portugal didn't make qualifying quite so straightforward as they surprisingly finished second to Denmark in Group H, losing to Denmark and Norway in the process. They bounced back to pip Norway to the runners up spot on goal difference and disposed of Bosnia Herzegovina in fine fashion in a two-legged play-off match.
Germany v Portugal Odds
Latest Team News/Key Players
|Germany Form Guide - DWWDWL||Portugal Form Guide - WWLDWD|
|Bastian Schweinsteiger||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|Mezut Ozil||Fabio Coentrao|
|Mario Gomes||Joao Moutinho|
There have been ten meetings between Germany and Portugal in the past, with the Portuguese winning just one of those meetings. Germany have won the last two meetings in fine style as they won 3-1 at the 2006 World Cup and then clinched a thriller 3-2 at Euro 2008, with German midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger scoring three goals in those two matches.
Euro 2016 Winners Poll
Latest Football News
- Gills Scunthorpe and Pompey are bankers for our Football League Treble
- Germany v Poland Odds Both teams tipped to score in Frankfurt
- Gibraltar v Ireland Odds Back the 2nd half to be highest scoring in Faro
- Faroe Islands v Northern Ireland Odds Away side tipped to edge to victory
- Georgia v Scotland Odds Visitors can edge to victory in Tiblisi
- Netherlands vs Iceland headlines this weeks Both Teams To Score treble bet
- Euro 2016 Treble Back Belgium to bounce back Switzerland to soar and Albania to avoid defeat
- Netherlands v Iceland Odds Bank on late drama in Amsterdam
- Azerbaijan v Croatia Odds Perisic to fire Group H leaders to victory
- Cyprus v Wales Odds Back against both teams scoring in Nicosia
- Back New England and Columbus to win this weekends live MLS matches
- Why Dont More British Footballers Play Abroad