Bordeaux - Nouveaux Stade de Bordeaux
The Nouveaux Stade de Bordeaux, or the Matmut Atlantique as it is known for sponsorship reasons, is a relatively newly built stadium as it was first opened in 2015. The ground is home of Ligue 1 football team FC Girondins de Bordeaux but it has also hosted a national team game, as well as Top-14 rugby, and there will be five Euro 2016 matches played here.
|Local Team:||FC Girondins de Bordeaux|
Euro 2016 Fixtures - Nouveau Stade de Bordeaux
5 things you didn't know about Bordeaux:
- Bordeaux wine has been produced in the region since the 8th century and the city is the world's major wine industry capital
- Bordeaux boasts 287,000 acres of vineyards, 10,000 wine-producing chateaux and 13,000 grape growers
- The Laser Megajoule, which will be one of the most powerful laser devices in the world, is being built in Bordeaux
- The 'Place des Quincones' in Bordeaux is the largest city square in Europe
- Richard II, who was King of England from 1377 until 1399, was born in Bordeaux on 6th January 1367
Local Wine: Bordeaux is home to some of the most expensive wines in the world, including the area's five 'premier cru' (first growth): Chateau Lafite-Rothschild, Chateau Margaux, Chateau Latour, Chateau Haut-Brion and Chateau Mouton-Rotshchild.
Find out more about the nine other venues used in Euro 2016: