Poland v Russia Betting
Euro 2012 - Group A
Tuesday June 12th - 7.45pm BST - ITV1
National Stadium, Warsaw POL
Poland take on Russia in their second Euro 2012 match on Tuesday 12th June at the National Stadium in Warsaw. Poland get the tournament off to a start on the 8th against Greece whilst Russia play the Czech Republic in their first match. Both teams will be keen to get off to winning starts in what looks the weakest group on paper.
The second group match of a tournament can often be the most crucial and if both teams win their respective first matches another win here could put them into the quarter-finals. The betting is likely to be tight for this match, with Russia the pre-tournament favourites to win the group but Poland buoyed by home support.
Poland missed out on all three points in their opening match dspite going a goal ahead against Greece on Friday. The game ended 1-1 and they will be without the suspended Wojciech Szczesny who was sent off in the match versus Greece.
Russia are favourites here following their impressive 4-1 win over the Czech Republic on Friday night.
Poland v Russia Odds
Latest Team News/Key Players
|Robert Lewandowski||Andre Arshavin|
|Lukasz Piszczek||Alan Dzagoev|
|Jakub Blaszczykowski||Roman Shirokov|
Surprisingly these two nations have only met twice since the break up of the Soviet Union. Both matches were friendlies, with Poland beating Russia 3-1 at home in 1998 before the pair played out a 2-2 draw in Russia back in 2007. This meeting will be only Poland's second competitive match in two years, whilst Russia topped their qualification group ahead of the Republic of Ireland.
Check out how both teams got on in their first match of the 2012 European Championships below and click on the link at the bottom of the page to find out how Russia qualified (Poland qualified as hosts):
|8th June 2012||Poland 1 - 1 Greece|
|8th June 2012||Russia 3 - 1 Czech Republic|
Euro 2016 Winners Poll
Latest Football News
- Southampton v West Ham Odds Back inform Saints to sneak a win at St Marys
- The focus is on the battle for survival in Saturdays Super 6
- Chelsea tipped to maintain their hoodoo over Man Utd at Stamford Bridge
- A quick start and goals are the order of the day for Bournemouth v Arsenal
- Citizens to go top with a crucial win over Leicester at The Etihad
- Back Tottenham Barnsley and Northampton in the English Football Treble
- Brighton v Brentford Odds The Bees can avoid defeat on the South Coast
- Back Malaga To Carry On Thier Good Run In This Weeks La Liga Treble
- Monaco can cement second place in Ligue 1 with win over Nice
- Serie A Treble This Week Features Wins For Inter and Milan
- Bundesliga best bets treble kicks off with goals galore on Friday night
- Games at Mansfield Chesterfield and Cambridge Utd are best bets for a BTTS treble