Poland v Russia Betting
Euro 2012 - Group A
Tuesday June 12th - 7.45pm BST - ITV1
National Stadium, Warsaw POL
Poland take on Russia in their second Euro 2012 match on Tuesday 12th June at the National Stadium in Warsaw. Poland get the tournament off to a start on the 8th against Greece whilst Russia play the Czech Republic in their first match. Both teams will be keen to get off to winning starts in what looks the weakest group on paper.
The second group match of a tournament can often be the most crucial and if both teams win their respective first matches another win here could put them into the quarter-finals. The betting is likely to be tight for this match, with Russia the pre-tournament favourites to win the group but Poland buoyed by home support.
Poland missed out on all three points in their opening match dspite going a goal ahead against Greece on Friday. The game ended 1-1 and they will be without the suspended Wojciech Szczesny who was sent off in the match versus Greece.
Russia are favourites here following their impressive 4-1 win over the Czech Republic on Friday night.
Poland v Russia Odds
Latest Team News/Key Players
|Robert Lewandowski||Andre Arshavin|
|Lukasz Piszczek||Alan Dzagoev|
|Jakub Blaszczykowski||Roman Shirokov|
Surprisingly these two nations have only met twice since the break up of the Soviet Union. Both matches were friendlies, with Poland beating Russia 3-1 at home in 1998 before the pair played out a 2-2 draw in Russia back in 2007. This meeting will be only Poland's second competitive match in two years, whilst Russia topped their qualification group ahead of the Republic of Ireland.
Check out how both teams got on in their first match of the 2012 European Championships below and click on the link at the bottom of the page to find out how Russia qualified (Poland qualified as hosts):
|8th June 2012||Poland 1 - 1 Greece|
|8th June 2012||Russia 3 - 1 Czech Republic|
Euro 2016 Winners Poll
Latest Football News
- Bankers Bet Back Brazil Argentina and Germany Women to bring home the spoils
- Argentina v Colombia Odds Back against both teams scoring
- Brazil v Paraguay Odds Selecao to struggle for goals without Neymar
- Switching Nations 11 past and present Premier League players who have crossed the divide
- Expect More Of The Same From Englands Lacklustre Lions at Euro 2016
- Both teams to score treble features a trio of fixtures from the Norwegian Eliteserien
- City tipped to win the New York derby in weekends MLS Treble