Russia v Czech Republic Betting
Euro 2012 - Group A
Friday June 8th - 7.45pm BST - ITV1
Municipal Stadium, Wroclaw POL
The second match of Euro 2012 is Russia versus the Czech Republic at the Municipal Stadium in Wroclaw, Poland. Russia head the betting for this weakish looking Group A and Dick Advocat's side are odds on to win their opener against the Czech Republic who are rather fortunate to be at the finals at all.
Money-Back Special - If the Czech Republic beat Russia, Paddy Power will refund all losing first goalscorer, last goalscorer, correct score and scorecast singles on this match.
Russia qualified for the European Championships by topping Group B, pipping the Republic of Ireland into second place in the process. Winning seven, drawing two and losing the once during their qualification campaign, the side is pretty solid and under the guidance of Dick Advocat it would be a surprise should the Russians not reach the quarter-finals.
The Czech Republic pipped Scotland to the second place in their qualification group behind Spain and were it not for some dubious decisions in their match at Hampden then things could very different. The Czech's only won 50% of their games in qualification and came through the play-offs by beating Montenegro.
Russia v Czech Republic Odds
Latest Team News/Key Players
|Russia Form Guide - WDWWDW||Czech Republic Form Guide - WLWWWD|
|Igor Akinfeev||Tomáš Rosický|
|Yuri Zhirkov||Petr Čech|
|Roman Shirokov||Milan Baroš|
The pair have only met once since the Czech Republic were formed and that was in Euro 96 in England, when the two teams played out an entertaining 3-3 draw in the group stages. The Czech's made it all the way to the final that year, whilst Russia were semi-finalists in Switzerland and Austria four years ago.
Euro 2016 Winners Poll
Latest Football News
- Back Atletico To Ease Past Levante In This Weeks La Liga Treble
- Bank on a goal fest when Leicester are crowned champions against Everton
- Goalscoring woes to continue for Norwich and Man Utd at Carrow Road
- West Ham gunning to keep their top4 dream alive in the English Football Treble
- PSG feature in Ligue 1 best bets and can down GFC Ajaccio
- Juicy Serie A Treble Features Fiorentina and Lazio Wins
- Bank on goals galore as we bid for another winning MLS Treble
- Away wins are the feature of Saturdays penultimate Bundesliga Treble