Russia v Czech Republic Betting
Euro 2012 - Group A
Friday June 8th - 7.45pm BST - ITV1
Municipal Stadium, Wroclaw POL
The second match of Euro 2012 is Russia versus the Czech Republic at the Municipal Stadium in Wroclaw, Poland. Russia head the betting for this weakish looking Group A and Dick Advocat's side are odds on to win their opener against the Czech Republic who are rather fortunate to be at the finals at all.
Money-Back Special - If the Czech Republic beat Russia, Paddy Power will refund all losing first goalscorer, last goalscorer, correct score and scorecast singles on this match.
Russia qualified for the European Championships by topping Group B, pipping the Republic of Ireland into second place in the process. Winning seven, drawing two and losing the once during their qualification campaign, the side is pretty solid and under the guidance of Dick Advocat it would be a surprise should the Russians not reach the quarter-finals.
The Czech Republic pipped Scotland to the second place in their qualification group behind Spain and were it not for some dubious decisions in their match at Hampden then things could very different. The Czech's only won 50% of their games in qualification and came through the play-offs by beating Montenegro.
Russia v Czech Republic Odds
Latest Team News/Key Players
|Russia Form Guide - WDWWDW||Czech Republic Form Guide - WLWWWD|
|Igor Akinfeev||Tomáš Rosický|
|Yuri Zhirkov||Petr Čech|
|Roman Shirokov||Milan Baroš|
The pair have only met once since the Czech Republic were formed and that was in Euro 96 in England, when the two teams played out an entertaining 3-3 draw in the group stages. The Czech's made it all the way to the final that year, whilst Russia were semi-finalists in Switzerland and Austria four years ago.
Euro 2016 Winners Poll
Latest Football News
- Back Lukaku to help Everton secure a positive result at Spurs
- Serie A Treble Bet Headlined By Inter and Atalanta As We Search For More Success
- Newcastle and Arsenal can get back on the goal trail in the North East
- Lyon and Montpellier star in our Ligue 1 best bets
- Valencia Real Sociedad and Celta Vigo tipped in this weekends La Liga treble
- Both teams to score is the order of the day in the latest Bundesliga treble
- BTTS is the best bet for New York City v Columbus Crew in the MLS
- FC Midtjylland v Southampton Odds Saints favourites to reach Europa League group stages
- Legia and Rubin Feature In Juicy Eastern Europa League Treble Bet
- Man City can make it four wins in a row as part of Saturdays bankers treble
- Swindon and Sheff Utd can produce another thriller in this weekends BTTS treble