Russia v Czech Republic Betting
Euro 2012 - Group A
Friday June 8th - 7.45pm BST - ITV1
Municipal Stadium, Wroclaw POL
The second match of Euro 2012 is Russia versus the Czech Republic at the Municipal Stadium in Wroclaw, Poland. Russia head the betting for this weakish looking Group A and Dick Advocat's side are odds on to win their opener against the Czech Republic who are rather fortunate to be at the finals at all.
Money-Back Special - If the Czech Republic beat Russia, Paddy Power will refund all losing first goalscorer, last goalscorer, correct score and scorecast singles on this match.
Russia qualified for the European Championships by topping Group B, pipping the Republic of Ireland into second place in the process. Winning seven, drawing two and losing the once during their qualification campaign, the side is pretty solid and under the guidance of Dick Advocat it would be a surprise should the Russians not reach the quarter-finals.
The Czech Republic pipped Scotland to the second place in their qualification group behind Spain and were it not for some dubious decisions in their match at Hampden then things could very different. The Czech's only won 50% of their games in qualification and came through the play-offs by beating Montenegro.
Russia v Czech Republic Odds
Latest Team News/Key Players
|Russia Form Guide - WDWWDW||Czech Republic Form Guide - WLWWWD|
|Igor Akinfeev||Tomáš Rosický|
|Yuri Zhirkov||Petr Čech|
|Roman Shirokov||Milan Baroš|
The pair have only met once since the Czech Republic were formed and that was in Euro 96 in England, when the two teams played out an entertaining 3-3 draw in the group stages. The Czech's made it all the way to the final that year, whilst Russia were semi-finalists in Switzerland and Austria four years ago.
Euro 2016 Winners Poll
Latest Football News
- Bankers Bet Back Brazil Argentina and Germany Women to bring home the spoils
- Argentina v Colombia Odds Back against both teams scoring
- Brazil v Paraguay Odds Selecao to struggle for goals without Neymar
- Switching Nations 11 past and present Premier League players who have crossed the divide
- Expect More Of The Same From Englands Lacklustre Lions at Euro 2016
- Both teams to score treble features a trio of fixtures from the Norwegian Eliteserien
- City tipped to win the New York derby in weekends MLS Treble